The Burton Center Foundation was organized in 1986. The Foundation’s mission is to assist Burton Center enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities and special needs, as well as their families, by providing resources to support the programs & services of Burton Center.
The Foundation Board is made up of 15 local citizens who serve terms of three years. The Board meets three times a year to conduct the affairs of the Foundation.
Through the support of the community and staff, the Foundation has been able to:
- Provide for wheelchair repairs for individuals where funding was not available.
- Provide heat for low-income families.
- Provide diapers, electronic puzzles, books, and other training devices to assist children’s development, coordination, and speech in low-income families.
- Assist families and individuals with rent, medical bills, and groceries.
- Assist families with travel expenses for medical assistance.
- Repair a staircase and railing for a medically fragile individual.
- Provide new eyeglasses and a hearing aid for individuals in need.
- Purchase clothing, food, personal care items, medical supplies, therapies, ramps, and van lifts for needy families where funding was not available.
- Provide funding for residential individuals to attend summer camp.
- Provide air conditioning for a low-income family.
- Assist with funding for client trips, events, and activities such as the Burton Center Ball, bowling, movies, holiday celebrations, etc.
- Provide additional funding to purchase clothing, food, toys, coats, and blankets for families during Christmas.
- Purchase a Christmas gift for 350 Day Program individuals.
- Publish brochures and video for community education.
- Purchase furniture for an individual.
- Install new flooring in a family’s home to accommodate the needs of a child with disabilities.
- Provide scholarships to adults on the day program waiting list to attend the day program.
The Foundation is funded by fundraisers during the year:
- Burton Center Golf Classic – May
- Motorcycle Run – June
- Annual Campaign – July
- Burton Center Boat Run – August
- Special Needs at Christmas
How You Can Help
- By making a contribution: cash, checks made payable to Burton Center Foundation, or by credit/debit card. All gifts are tax deductible as provided for by law. Your contribution can be made as a Memorial or Honorarium.
- Mailing address: Burton Center Foundation, 2605 Hwy 72 221E, Greenwood SC, 29649
- Ask your family and friends to help.
For more information about the Foundation, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org